Thursday, January 29, 2009

Odditions

The community theatre audition calls for anyone and everyone; the community has many colorful characters of its own. On the bill are movie scenes, mangled Shakespeare, even original pieces. A fifty-something man played the part of Hyde and the hooker from J&H in his monologue. Dialogue, whatever. Next, please.

Myself I was looking for two actors, male, specific ages. Most of the auditioners were there to be swordfighters in another production. Not interested in my small intense drama at all. One actor fit one of the parts and also the lead in Our Town...no luck: I already had two of the best actors in Muncie. The part still has to be read for and cast, but at least I have a candidate.

So, it's gotten complicated, but such is the way, if I'm to believe my producer. And I do. I have time...too much time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Faves

Custom Search