Monday, February 9, 2009

Rehearsal

Yes, we started rehearsal yesterday! As readthroughs go, it seemed to go superfast. Today we tape out our space and we'll get into some of the discussion questions I came up with for the actors to think about.

This is how I intend to get the actors to think about the play in the same way I'm thinking about it...who are these characters and why do they do what they do? What does the play tell us about ourselves? These questions may not have definitive answers, but they must be considered for our purpose. I want the actors to have the same passion for this story and these characters as I.

I should mention here that one of my actors is my husband, Barry. He loves the show and his character. What is going to be strange, perhaps, is giving him direction, or telling him to correct things he does that I would like done differently. In fact, that's my worry about all of the actors. How do I communicate my "vision" to someone else's head?

Well, directors do it all the time. Either that or they reconcile their vision with what actually transpires. Probably the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Faves

Custom Search