Friday, February 27, 2009

Turn of the Screw-Ups

Now that we about to the middle of the process, the pressure is starting to build. The play is blocked and I'd love nothing more than to just spend the rest of the time fine-tuning blocking and acting, but I have to worry about other aspects of the show that many directors don't have to.

I am doing the costumes, my SM is in a practicum at the university and so has scheduling conflicts, and we have to get the set built for the ICTL festival. Which, as I think I mentioned, happens before we open. Oh yeah, the university's spring break is week after next, which means I lose my SM and one actor. For a week. That will be costume, props, and set week.

As my friend Angi just told me, "BREATHE." I can control certain things; others I can't. Of course, that's another trick. Figuring out what's in my control. Taking control and working my ass off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Faves

Custom Search