Friday, April 3, 2009

I don't really feel like writing...there's a silence inside that I'm loath to disturb, but I can't let this day pass without saying somthing. It is Opening Night after all. This night represents the culmination of two months of hard work.

Final dress passed with few hitches. I feel pretty lucky, considering our circumstances; no paper tech or dry tech. We did have three dress rehearsals.

So many people have worked so hard for this. Though I feel ultimately responsible, I can hardly take all the credit. And the anticipation I feel is as strong as if I were going to perform myself! I almost don't want to be there for fear of things going wrong because it's totally out of my control, but I can't not be there! What would I do instead, go get drunk?

I hope for so many things...for a large, appreciative audience, for focused actors, for smooth scene changes. Those little things that need remembering; details, details, details.

The weather is not cooperating. Cold and windy whereas yesterday it was warm and sunny. Maybe it's typical Philadelphia weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Faves

Custom Search